Wednesday 20 December 2017

The Last Jedi is AWESOME!!!!!!!



After 2 years of waiting for the new Star Wars movie to come out it finally has, me and daddy went to see it on opening night December 14th.

I won't be posting any spoilers about the new movie, so don't worry if you guys haven't seen it yet.

I do however have a "leaked" image that Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew posted just before the movie premiered last week.
This is an image of a Star Wars leek.
Yeah, yeah, I know, horrible joke, but remember it wasn't me it was Mr Mayhew that posted it.

Okay, my old TIE fighter shell was getting really old, Sunki had it before me, and it was a landing craft before it became a TIE fighter. So it was about time that daddy built a newer better one for me.
This is what the shell looked like before



This is what it looked like earlier this year, as you can see it was really starting to fall apart.


Daddy started out by looking at some of the TIE fighters that were already in use.
We didn't see any we liked in this picture
So daddy kept searching, and he eventually found this one.
This is the one we both liked
So the next step was to convert this picture into something that would fit my stroller.
This is daddy's first rough draft
After the rough draft we needed something to build from, luckily daddy took a couple of drafting courses when he was in high school, so drawing the plans was easy.
This is the drafted plan with all the measurements to build it.
The next step for the build was to get the materials to build it with, well we built it out of stuff called foamcore (paper with styrofoam sandwiched between).
This is the basic shape for the lower wing
The one thing that we decided early on was that it would need to fit within the wheelbase of my stroller.

The lower wing with the white boarder to make it stand out.
This was just a dry fit to make sure everything fit, that's the reason for the green tape.

Almost finished, it's put together, the next step is to put the lights on

Me and daddy were heading to a cosplay party, so we didn't have time to install everything.
Now it was on to installing the lights, so that my new TIE fighter has engines and weapons.
A collage showing the finished TIE Fighter with the lights installed.
Me and my TIE Fighter have been a big hit since daddy put it on my stroller.

Now, for some of the awesome stuff that we've gotten from the new movie.
These are the collectible 3D glasses from the movie

 Daddy wanted me to model the 3D glasses, but that wasn't gonna happen. First of all, there wasn't a 3D movie to watch. Second, these glasses don't work for me.

I had my stunt bunny model them for me
 I'll admit that they do make him look kinda cool.
Closeup of the glasses, these are the Executionertrooper version.

The collectors cup, with my new favorite droid BB-9E as the topper
 These next pictures are the collectible cards that they gave out before the movie, these three are double sided and are part of a set of 8 cards.
First card in the set


 We should be getting the rest of this set in 4 - 8 weeks (or sooner depending on the speed of the postal system).
Daddy made my lightsaber even better, now it actually looks like Kylo Ren's.

Daddy in his costume at the cosplay party
And now for a few fun Star Wars pictures
I also got my picture taken with a Santa Claus




No comments:

Post a Comment